Sunday 19 December 2010

Snow Stories - OOTD

T'was the week before Christmas,
And all through the land 
Snow was falling, 
And everything came to a stand(still).

I have had a little bit of a love/hate relationship with the snow recently - as pretty as it is I feel it has been somewhat out to get me recently. Not only did I slip and fall flat on my derriere in the middle of a busy street with 15 bags of dry cleaning in tow (ouch!), but yesterday it nullified all our weekend plans. The only thing left to do was surrender...
Belted Wrap Coat - Oasis (also in black, new this week!), Black Leggings - Topshop, Shearling Buckle Booties - New Look, White Faux Fur Hat - Topshop.
For me a coat is always the most important purchase of the winter season. Since most of your clothes will be hidden underneath it has to be a piece that you love and enjoy wearing. When I spotted this beauty in Oasis I had to have it straight away. Warm, comfortable and stylish with its soft folds and a belt to cinch in the waist it fits perfectly with my dark winter wardrobe.
Purple Gina Dress courtesy of Motel, also available in Red, Black with Cream Lace and Blue with Gold Lace.
I love the deep purple colour of this dress and it's delicate lace detailing on the shoulders and sleeves. Perfect with black leggings or tights :).
 Make-up wise I decided to glam it up a little and create a very classic look. For the skin I used NARS sheer glow foundation and Bobbi Brown creamy corrector. To add a little colour to the cheeks Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronze Universel with a little MAC cream blush in Ladyblush. I skipped the powder as I wanted the skin to look clear, but dewy and instead added a little E.L.F. All Over Colour Stick in Persimmon to the tops of the cheekbones. For the eyes I swept MAC's vanilla eyeshadow all over the lid to create a blank canvas and used L'Oreal's Carbon gloss eyeliner and L'ancome Hypnose mascara. For the lips I used MAC's pencil lipliner in Redd. As I loved the colour so much I decided to dab on a little balm at the centre and leave it at that. I was very impressed as it lasted all day, top marks!

How did you spend your snow day my lovelies? We have wimped out and are getting a takeaway... again ;). xxx
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. you look gorgeous and the photos are lovely! the flurry hat is just adorable. I want one!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous! I love your shots in the snow (:
    xoxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!u look super sexy!And the 2nd pic is hawt!! ;)
    love the makeup, the hat and the trenchcoat, and the boots..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look AMAZING and you're far braver than I am wearing heels in the snow! I've been living in flat boots and wellies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit.. so pretty!! Especially with the snow. You have the best cheekbones ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post and poem to go with it hehe.
    Love your new coat! Might have to check it out (in black)
    xoxo Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! You look amazing in all the pics and i love the coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! and what a charming street you're on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful :) love the fur hat! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have the best cheekbones ive ever seen!!! with those red lips u look a bit like a pretty mermaid. U photograph amazingly, 2nd top phto is amazing and the purple dress on the right is like WOWOWOW plz check out my blog watermelonraindropx.blogspot.com lusm xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful!! your a gorgeous snow bunny, love the coat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh the snow is so pretty, I am a lover and a hater of it too! You look gorgeous as always Natalya xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your hat, I have 1 similar but its smaller and brown!!! Really want a bigger white one now haha. You look gorge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the coat - stunning! You're very brave wearing heels. I've worn nothing but Uggs for weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Natalya, i'm Paola, i'm from Colombia and i love your make up and your blog, :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Natalya I know I and undoubtedly many others would love if you did more style entries and style/fashion youtube tutorials!

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig