Tuesday 1 March 2011

Maybelline The Eraser Foundation

Over the past few weeks I have been trialing the new Eraser foundation from 'Maybe it's Maybelline' ;). Despite the incredibly annoying advert featuring Jameela Jamil I was excited to see whether this foundation could live up to its promises, which include:
  • The patented micro-corrector applicator micro-fills and smoothes imperfections on skin's surface, erasing the look of crow's feet, fine lines and dark circles.
  • The super-concentrated formula with collagen acts to tighten and improve skin's elasticity.
  • SPF 18 Sunscreen helps protect skin from sun damage.

The first thing I noticed about this foundation is its unique applicator - a built in dome sponge. The foundation feeds through to the sponge after a few (well, quite a few) twists of the bottle. Although I like the idea of this, as it removes the need for other sponges or brushes, what concerns me is the build up of bacteria, since you are not supposed to wash the sponge. Maybelline claims that The Eraser is protected with an anti-microbial system and to clean the applicator it is best to just wipe off excess foundation with a dry tissue and never wet the applicator. I'm not sure how this 'anti-bacterial' action works, so if anyone does then please do let me know in the comments.
The foundation is easy to apply with the applicator, but since the formula is quite thin and 'slippery' I found the best way was to blend it out with my fingers. I would say it has medium to low coverage, depending on how thinly you spread it, and while evening tone it doesn't hide blemishes. It feels quite lightweight and has a very natural finish, so it would be perfect for minimal makeup days. I can't comment too much on it's 'wrinkle erasing' but it does a good job of smoothing skin texture and concealing enlarged pores. As my skin gets quite oily throughout the day I did set it with powder, and as you can see in the photo below (after 12 hours of wear) it held up pretty well. Ultimately I think this foundation would be best suited to those with dry skin as it doesn't cling to any flakes and conceals any unevenness in texture.

Overall I'm really impressed with this foundation. It's quick to apply and blends into the skin very easily giving a smooth, even appearance. I would call this a great 'everyday' foundation as it's lightweight and has a very natural finish. For more information just click here.

Have you tried the Maybelline Eraser foundation? xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I like this foundation but it's a realyl wierd greasy formula that i hate working with but it doeas have a lovely finiish xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited about this foundation but I didnt like it much :( Dont like the applicator really and find it quite greasy aswell.
    Coverable wasnt for me wasnt as fantastic as they make out. Just another drug store foundation to me sadly. No miracle foundation. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted a review on this foundation, I've been using it for two weeks straight for work and I absolutely love it! I specifically wanted a light, natural coverage for work and this does the job. My coworkers don't notice I'm wearing it when I first walk in the door but they complement me on my complexion. :)

    MichaelaJANE: You should try topping it off with a pressed powder after blending the product with your fingers! It's a little awkward when first applying it though, but it works out in the end. Won't hurt to try since you already have the product, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I'm always on the look out for a sheerish everyday foundation, I might try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and btw, its looks very natural on you! <3 it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like mine but cannot get on with the sponge, I end up using my fingers to apply. Its a lovely finish though. Do you just brush on powder with a kabuki or a sponge pad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What shade you are wearing?

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig