Wednesday 11 May 2011

L'Occitane Pivoine Flora

A few days ago I attended an event held at L'Occitane's lovely Covent Garden store introducing the new Pivoine Flora collection of fragrance and makeup containing peony extract from the south of France (Drôme).
L'Occitane is a brand I have always been fond of. Their hand creams are beautifully indulgent, while their almond shower oil is a staple in my bathroom. My mama also has a very soft spot for them, particularly the verbena range, so I am always trying to pick out a new treasure for her, and when it has migrated to her bathroom sneakily trying it out myself when I visit ;).

I am yet to swatch and take photos of the makeup, but I just couldn't wait to tell you all about the Pivoine Flora fragrance. A true elixir of femininity, this perfume blends the delicacy of peonies with the sensuality of magnolias in a captivating floral fragrance marked with a woody trail.
Top Note: a burst of bergamot blended with grapefruit
Middle Note: an intense scent of peony, magnolia and violet petals
Base Note: a lingering silky richness enveloped in vanilla, cedar and musk.  

I absolutely adore this perfume. Floral, sweet, warm and feminine it's a perfect scent for the Summer. As with all L'Occitane fragrances it holds well on the skin and wears well throughout the day with the vanilla notes creating a warm, delicate, soothing finish. After using the eau de parfum (£39) in the morning I like to top it up throughout the day with the Pivione Flora eau de toilette roll on (£14). This is a great way of keeping your perfume with you at all times without having to carry the bottle with you. The slim design not only saves space in your hand bag, but also minimises the risk of spillages. There's nothing worse than breaking a new bottle of perfume!

Have you tried the new Pivoine Flora range? What are your favourite fragrances for the Summer? xxx
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I'll have to test this one. I have their eau d'Iparie which smells like incense and churches!:-) I love wearing it in winter though i need something lighter for summer. I'll definitely look this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of peonies (makes me think of summer time back in Russia - my grandma always had peonies in her garden...), but I am not sure if I'd like to wear a flowery perfume, it's just not me...
    But I do love almond range very much! Especially the shower oil and body cream... Such a treat and the packaging is gorgeous.
    x

    ReplyDelete

© Natalya's Beauty Blog- Filthygorgeousmakeup. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig